Thursday, August 13, 2009
Just Published: Living Economics: Canadian Perspectives on the Social Economy, Co-operatives, and Community Economic Development
Edited by J.J. McMurtry of York University, the authors in this new edited volume grapple with the debates, challenges, and opportunities offered by the social economy as Canada experiences rapid changes in the 21st century, be they economic, industrial, environmental, or social.
Table of Contents
1. Introducing the Social Economy in Theory and Practice (J.J. McMurtry)
2. Co-operatives and the Social Economy in English Canada: Circles of Influence and Experience (Ian MacPherson)
3. The Social Economy in Quebec and Canada: Configurations Past and Present (Yves Vaillancourt)
4. Building the Social Economy Using the Innovative Potential of Place (Doug Lionais and Harvey Johnstone)
5. Educating for the Social Economy (Jorge Sousa)
6. Social Accounting for Sustainability in the Social Economy (Laurie Mook and Jennifer Sumner)
7. Aboriginal Perspectives on the Social Economy (Wanda Wuttunee)
8. Building Bridges with Government: The Social Economy in Practice (Denise Guy and Jen Heneberry)
Published by Emond Montgomery.
Edited by J.J. McMurtry
2009 / softcover
For more information, and to order, go to http://www.emp.ca/index.php/book-catalogue/property/university/living-economics