ANNUAL FESTIVAL OF COMMUNITY ECONOMICS CAPE BRETON UNIVERSITY
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
July 7 & 8, 2006
MAIN TOPIC: Development of Social Enterprises
Special Guest: Inazio Irizar - Mondragon University, Spain
Topics will include but are not limited to the following:
1. Challenges of Mapping the Social Economy
2. Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise
3. Forms of Business Organization and the Social Economy
4. Opportunities for more effective use of E-Commerce in Social Enterprises
5. Finance and Investment as Social Enterprise
6. Role of government in the social economy
7. Forms of Research for Social Enterprise
8. Social Enterprise in Rural Tourism.
WATCH FOR ONGOING ANNOUNCEMENTS AT THIS SITE: http://www.ced.ca/
Conference fee: $ 300 (limited number of bursaries available)
Send all communications to firstname.lastname@example.org
A two week course on the Theory and Practice of the Mondragon Co-operative Corporation will be taught at Cape Breton University during the first two weeks of July 2006. The course may be taken as a credit course or as an audit course.
The teaching team will include Dr. Inazio Irizar from Mondragon University as well as Dr. Greg MacLeod, author of From Mondragon to America.
For information on this course, contact: email@example.com